Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bling Me Up Scotty

To the complete bafflement of my fiance, I love love love jewelry.  Of course, I have some favorites, but I wear a different necklace almost every day.  Among my favorites are my flip flop necklace, my turtle necklace, and my new star necklace that I got for Christmas from my fiance. 



Unfortunately for me, I have an allergy to any metal that's not real.  I don't know if it's nickel or what, but my ears get infected or I get a rash on my neck.  Needless to say, it's not pretty.

Shortly after buying my dress, I went to a veil trunk show.  They put "bridal" jewelry on me so I could get the full effect.  It was this point that I realized I had NO clue what jewelry I was going to wear on my wedding day.  Begin major googling now. 

I started out my search for the perfect necklace because it's my favorite piece of jewelry.  I've never really been a strand of pearls kind of girl so I knew that wasn't what I wanted.  But there's something about pearls that just seems so perfect for the bride.  So I set out on a mission for the perfect jewelry.  You want to see what I found??  Here are some that were in the running. 

These first two are both really simple and that's what I liked about both of them.  They're not overpowering and won't detract from anything else in my bridal attire.  I liked the 2nd one better just because I like the flexible chain better than the wire. 





But I thought that maybe these were too simple.  So I started looking for something with a little bit more.  Here's what I came up with. 


I loved this one because it's an illusion necklace.  You won't see the chain or anything so it will be just the pearls.  But I also liked it with the chain, like this one.




 But, in both of those, I think the pearls are a bit too big for me.  But, finally.  FINALLY, I found it.  I found the one.  It's perfect. 


It's perfect because it's simple and elegant and the pearls aren't too big.  I actually ordered this, it's from an etsy seller if you're interested, and it came so quickly!  Here it is on me so you can get a better idea. 



I'm so excited to have my necklace!  I'm still working on all the other jewelry, but I love this necklace and can't wait to wear it.  I'm currently on the search for my wedding earrings so stay tuned!  I think I'll probably need some help picking the perfect pair.  



2 comments:

  1. I love the pearl necklace! It is beautiful but delicate so won't draw attention away from your dress. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete