Saturday, February 26, 2011

To Match or Not to Match?

People come in all shapes and sizes and my friends are no exception.  When I started wedding planning and it came time to figure out what the bridesmaids and groomsmen would be wearing, I quickly decided that I didn't want to pick the dress for my girls.  Honestly, it just doesn't seem right to me.  I want these ladies who are so important to me to be comfortable and be able to enjoy themselves on my wedding day.  If they're wearing something they aren't comfortable in or think they don't look good in, that makes this wish of mine difficult to fulfill.

Although I do love the way matching bridesmaids looks:




It's just so much more important to me for the girls to be comfortable than to match perfectly.  Besides, I actually like the coordinating dresses better.  I really like the weddings where the girls are in coordinating colors but not matching like this one:





Even though I really like the way that looks, I'm not going quite that route.  I want the girls to pick their dresses, but in the same color and designer.  As I've mentioned previously, I decided that the girls would be in eggplant or dark purple.  As it turns out, there are A LOT of purples out there!  Every designer has multiple shades of purple and they're all actually different.  It's really hard to find the perfect one.  So, I bet you're all wondering what shade and designer I've chosen?  Well, you'll just have to stay tuned!   

1 comment:

  1. I did none matching dresses too and I think it is more difficult than just picking one dress and telling them to buy it. Can't wait to see what you picked!

    ReplyDelete