Sunday, May 1, 2011

DIY Project for the Guy

Yup, that's right.  The mister has a to-do list for the wedding.  I know that a lot of times the guy thinks he just has to show up on the wedding day, but that doesn't fly with me.  And, to be honest, I think K likes doing things for the wedding.  In small doses, of course.

His list isn't very long and most of the tasks I've given him have been things I know he'll enjoy.  See, K really likes woodworking.  And so, anywhere I can I've tried to incorporate this skill of his into the wedding.  It's also really cool because it personalizes little things in the wedding a lot more since he made them. 

I know you are all wondering what he made.  You ready?



What is it, you ask?  It's a photobooth prop, of course!!  See, I just love seeing pictures like this one:



And I've known from very early on that I wanted to do a photobooth at the wedding.  While the free-standing, old school photobooths are really cool.



But there's one eensy, weensy problem with that.  It's WAY out of budget.  So,we're going the DIY route, fo sho. 

So, I think that K did such a great job making this.  I even tried it out.



But the best thing he did on this speech bubble chalkboard is the handle!  There's a nifty little handle in the back so it makes it easier to hold and see in the photos.  Like so: 


So what do you think of his first DIY project??  


No comments:

Post a Comment