Friday, January 7, 2011

I heart Pam & Jim!

I haven't ever been a blogger, but with the wedding planning and the Favorites tab in my Internet Explorer growing beyond belief, I thought it might do me some good to capture my wedding related rantings in one location.  I'd also LOVE to get other people's input on my ideas and planning.  So here goes!  I'm so incredibly thrilled to be planning my wedding.  I can't wait to marry my best friend and start our lives together!  I am truly and unbelievably blessed. 

So first things first.  The blog title explanation.  Well, the fiance (still love saying it!) and I LOVE watching some pretty amazing TV shows, one of which is The Office.  Complete and total love for the hilarity that is Steve Carell.  I'll be so sad to see him go.  But I digress.  The Pam and Jim love story is one that I followed with complete and probably a little ridiculous dedication.  Every episode I found myself disappointed at the end when they didn't get together.  So you can only imagine my joy and the heart palpitations that came with their first kiss and even more so with the gas station proposal in the pouring rain.  Love. it. 


Anyway, in Season 6 on Secretary's Day, Erin goes out to lunch with Michael and finds out, due to Michael's inability to keep anything to himself, that Andy was once engaged to Angela.  She does an utter freak out, complete with hair pulling, cake throwing and the like, and she declares that she can't trust Andy anymore.  Well, long story short, later in the episode Pam tells Erin that she was engaged before Jim.  She says, "Sometimes the heart doesn't know what it wants until it finds what it wants."  And I absolutely LOVE this quote.  There have been times in the past that I thought the guy I was with might be THE ONE.  But, until I met the mister I never knew what love really was.  I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true!  My heart knew what it wanted once I found him.  And I've never been happier!  He's my best friend and I love him to death.  Just goes to show, you really do have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.

1 comment: