Monday, January 10, 2011

The Venue Saga: Part Two

Last we left off, we had decided not to do our wedding in North Georgia and, instead, to stick to Atlanta and the surrounding areas.  I'm still so glad that we did this, as I feel like asking our guests to travel to Atlanta and then spend even more money renting a car and sit in said car for 2-3 hours is a little much.  As I'm sure you can imagine, the venues inside the Atlanta city limits are gorgeous, but come at a hefty price.  We looked a few options in the Atlanta area.  We love going to Piedmont Park and thought it would be amazing to get married there.  Just take a look at the pictures. 





Can you say gorgeous??  But, alas, out of budget, for sure.  We also checked out the Park Tavern Piedmont Room & Garden Tent.  And while we also loved this place, they weren't available for many dates in our timeframe and were still a little out of budget.  Even so, I will reward you for reading with some pics of this beautiful venue







Needless to say, my excitement over having the wedding at Piedmont Park was short lived.  I will say that one of my favorite things I found at Park Tavern I hope to carry with us into our venue.  Ready?  They do a "midnight snack" of, wait for it...





warm chocolate chip cookies with a shot glass of milk.  What could be more perfect?  Yummy!  I hope our caterer is able to do this because I love it.  I'm a huge chocolate chip cookie fan and the shot glass filled with milk?  So cool!  What do you think?? 

2 comments:

  1. Piedmont Park is beautiful - we had our e-pics done there and even on a very rainy April day I loved the park! You should definitely do a midnight snack of milk and cookies - that would be super awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm.. chocolate chip cookies. Will they be the ones you make? If so you must do it!

    ReplyDelete