Thursday, January 13, 2011

Save-the-Dates

Oh the STD's, gotta love the inappropriate acronym.  K and I have discussed these for awhile and have found quite a few that we like.  We've been on the fence about doing a photo or non-photo STD.  We finally booked our photographer (yay!) and are planning on doing an engagement session with him, since it's included in our package.  If you're wondering who we chose, if you guessed Christopher Helm, then you are the proud owner of these shiny new..




bragging rights.  Yes, I know.  I'm so generous! 

We absolutely LOVED Chris when we met him and loved his work.  I'm super excited to see how the photos turn out for both the engagement session and the wedding.  Just take a look at his website!  Anyway, enough gushing about Chris, back to the topic at hand, our STD's!  (hee hee) 

We decided that we really wanted to go with magnet Save-the-Dates because they're just super cute and really convenient to just stick them on your fridge.  There are a lot of sites out there that sell these magnets at reasonable prices.  My personal favorite that I've found is http://www.magnetstreet.com/.  I've heard good things about http://www.vistaprint.com/ but I just haven't found a lot there that I've liked. But here are some of the non-photo STD's we really like from magnetstreet.  




I should also probably mention that we can change the color scheme on any of these.  I'm not a fan of the yellow-orange background in the second STD, but I love the tree.  Since our wedding is in October, I think it goes so well for the fall. 

I have to admit, these next few were never serious contenders, but they're just too funny to not share with you all. 






And my personal favorite: 




Gotta love the sense of humor.  But seriously, some of the others I actually liked are:




I love the idea that we're "counting down" the days until we get married.  Because, we are!  I can't wait to marry my best friend.  October can't come soon enough.  (275 days!)



I just really like the font in this one and the background.  It's so pretty! 




I also don't think we would have actually done the love birds, but I just think it's so cute I had to share. 

We have since decided to wait until our engagement session to send out STD's so we can include some of the pictures of the two of us in the Save-the-Date.  They're so much fun and I like that we'd actually get some use out of the pictures.  See what I mean? 


Super cute.  Not sure that this will be the one we use, but you get the idea.  What do you think??  Do you like the photo or non-photo save the dates better? 



1 comment:

  1. If you are reading this and dont have a STD, please let us know and we will give you one.

    - K

    ReplyDelete