Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wedding Lingo

When I first started reading wedding blogs and message boards, I was disturbed.  There were a number of people that took the TMI, that's too much information for those who aren't "in the know", to a whole new level.  Before long, I realized that these BM's and STD's that were causing so much trouble for these brides-to-be were not bowel movements or sexually transmitted diseases.  Imagine my relief to learn that they are, instead, acronyms for bridesmaid and save-the-dates.  Whew!  So, after my STD blog post, I decided that you all should be as equally educated on these topics as I am so there can be no confusion that when I talk about my BM Brooke, that I did not just name a... well, you get the picture.

So, without further adieu, I give you the wedding website lingo!

FI - Fiance
FH - Future Husband
DH - Dear Husband
MIL - Mother in law
FIL - Father in law
SIL - Sister in law
BIL - Brother in law
FMIL - Future Mother-in-law
FSIL  -Future Sister in law
FFIL - Future Father in Law
FBIL - Future Brother in Law
IL - In-Law
MOB - Mother of Bride
MOH - Maid of Honor
BM - Bridesmaid
BP - Bridal Party
GM - Groomsman
FG - Flower girl
RB - Ringbearer
DOC - Day of Coordinator
CP - Centerpiece
STD - Save the Date
OOT - Out of Town
E-pics - Engagement Pics
E-ring - Engagement Ring
E-party - Engagement Party
RD - Rehearsal Dinner
WW - Weight Watchers  (I find this funny that this is on a wedding website as an acronym.  But I get it.)
NWR - Not Wedding Related
SWR - Somewhat Wedding Related
HM - Honeymoon
GTG - Get-Together
DW - Destination Wedding
RP - Repost
TIA - Thanks in Advance
IMO - In My Opinion
IMHO - In My Honest Opinion
HTH - Hope That Helps
JOP - Justice of the Peace
LDR - Long Distance Relationship
WB - Weddingbee

Source

So, now you can all lurk on all of the messageboards over at theknot.com and weddingbee.com.  You know you want to!

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Its NWR but IMHO my FI is AOK. HTH. TIA for the STD to GTG OOT.

    Your FH,

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, in fact LMAO

    ReplyDelete