Sunday, January 9, 2011

What (Not) to Wear

I have a great family.  I mean, I am truly fortunate because everyone knows you can't choose your family, but I really think that if I could have chosen, I would have chosen the family I have now.  I have a great relationship with many of my family members and am especially close with my mother and grandmother.  I know that I am fortunate to have this kind of relationship with them.  So, when the time came to start looking for a dress, the first people I called to ask to be there were the two of them.  So my mother came up to Atlanta from Florida, and my grandmother came down from Pennsylvania and the wedding weekend began! 

I picked them up at the airport on Friday and we started at Anya Bridal because they had really inexpensive gowns and there were quite a few that I actually liked from the pictures on their website.  Like these two:






The consultant who was helping me here was Emily and she was so sweet!  I really liked her and I wish I would have liked the dresses there as much as I liked her.  Unfortunately, because I'm short, I felt like I was swimming in all of their dresses.  They just did not fit me right.  Here's a few pictures of the dresses I tried on at Anya. 




See how unhappy I look?  Oh, the frustrations of trying on dresses that just don't do me any justice.  I honestly thought I'd never find a dress I was happy with when I left there.  They were very nice to me but the dresses were just terrible on me.  But, I will say that this story does have a happy ending.  I do have my dress!  Not from Anya, but we'll have to save the rest of the search for the one for another day.

1 comment:

  1. you do look really unhappy... kinda reminds me of when I tell a bad joke. Love you in the dress though! Is this still bad luck for me to see if its not the dress you decided to get?

    ReplyDelete