Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Beach Wedding Jealousy

I have a confession to make.  As much as I absolutely love our venue, I find myself longing for the starfish and shell centerpieces and other decorations that come with the beach theme.  I know I could just do a beach theme even if we're not at the beach, but that idea just doesn't jive for me.  I'm a serious perfectionist and take issue when things are out of place or aren't exactly what they should be.  Hence the fall-ish theme of our October wedding. 

But in all seriousness, don't you just love the beachy wedding ideas that are out there?  Like this cake:


I love the starfish and the shells.  And the bed of sand underneath?  So cool!  Here comes that jealousy again...

And oh, the centerpiece options!







Don't you just love the sand dollar table numbers?  Lovely and unique!

Whew!  Well, I feel better getting that off my chest!  I've always thought a beach wedding would be amazing, but the logistics are a little tough for me to swallow.  First of all, I hate sand all over me.  I know they can give you an aisle runner and all that, but sand all in my toes?  No thanks!  That's fine when I'm in a bathing suit covered in tan oil, but not as fine in a wedding dress!  Second of all, it turns out a beach wedding can be pretty pricey!  They're really popular (hence all the ideas out there!) so I guess they can charge an arm and a leg for it.  Thirdly, we live nowhere near a beach.  Closest one is about 5 hours away.  People are already traveling to our wedding.  I can't imagine them having to travel even further just for us to be on a beach. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm EXTREMELY happy with our location!  I love Che'ne Rouge and I know we're going to have a blast.  It's just sometimes I find myself doing the whole grass is greener routine.  Anyone else do this?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment