Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What (Not) to Wear: Part Deux

Last we left off with the dress search, I was ready to give up on the hunt.  I had yet to find anything that remotely flattered my body.  But, not to be discouraged, our happy little wedding planning crew (consisting of myself, my mother, and my grandmother) set out early on Saturday morning to continue the dress hunt.  Our second appointment was at David's Bridal.  I had high hopes about this appointment as well.  The same day we were going to an open house at a prospective venue, so I dressed myself up all pretty with hopes that it would make me feel better about how I felt in the dresses.  I brought with me a handful of dress selections from magazines and online, which I highly recommend! It makes the process a lot easier, even if you hate the dresses they bring out.  So, here are the highlights.



 
I loved this dress in pictures.  I actually really liked it on too, but it wasn't the one.  But it was a serious contender.  I wasn't a huge fan of the back of the dress which was a priority.  Everyone will be looking at the back of me during the whole ceremony so I want them to enjoy the view.  :)





I liked the neckline on this, and I'd put it in my top 3 from David's Bridal.  But still, we weren't quite there yet. 




Let me start off by saying, ignore the veil.  I hate it.  Seriously.  Oh, and I hate the dress too, so you can ignore that too.  Moving on...





So this one I really liked because I feel like it makes me look tall.  But, it doesn't give me a whole lot of shape.  But I'm a much bigger fan of the headpiece than I was the veil.  So, the next dress was my favorite at David's Bridal and would have been the one had I not found it at our 3rd and final dress shop.  



I loved the neckline of this dress.  This will forever be "the cupcake dress" as my mom likes to call it.  I think it looks more like one of those soft-serve ice cream cones, but potato-patato.  (I realize that expression doesn't work so much in print, but you get the point.) 

I will say that the dress saga does have a happy ending, but you'll have to wait to hear about how we found the one.  Next up, the next part of the search for the perfect venue.  Will it be the big reveal?  You'll just have to tune in to find out! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment