Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My first etsy purchase!

All over these messageboards over at the bee I saw people talking all about Etsy and how great it was.  So I did a quick search and realized, it is pretty great!  There are a TON of people who make things by hand and sell them for reasonable prices.  It's nice because you're supporting an artisan instead of some giant corporation.  All in all, a win-win. 

I've checked out all kinds of stuff on this site and found a lot of stuff I love, but I've been lurking for awhile without actually buying.  I FINALLY decided to bite the bullet and buy some cool accessories for the wedding.  I think I'm completely and totally hooked!  I ordered two things, they both came really quickly, were packaged really nicely, and were exactly what I expected.  No surprises.  So, I know you're asking, what did I buy?

First thing I purchased was a hair accessory.  I've seen a ton of pictures of girls in their wedding dresses with these beautiful flowers in their hair and I decided I just had to have one.  It took awhile to decide if I wanted just an accent piece like this one: 



Or a flower like this one: 



Or maybe this one:



Really, the options are limitless!  In addition to choosing a flower or hair comb that is already made, you can request custom items and the sellers will make something of your design.  I was in a complete sea of indecisiveness.  After seeing pictures like these:





 I decided I loved the flower idea and quickly set my sights on finding the perfect flower for my hair.  I wanted something that wasn't too big that it would take over my head, like so.



And not too small that it looked like... well, like lice.  Or dandruff.  Or like my hair is growing a garden.  Neither of which I wanted to look like on my wedding day. 



 *Shudder*

 
  Finally, after weeks of going back and forth and saving flower after flower in my favorites, I decided on one!  I ordered it from misunbridal and it came in just a few days later.  I eagerly opened the box and found a cute little bag with a tag on it that said "Best Wishes and leave + feedback!" which I thought was cute and nice touch.  So here it is!

 In the tissue paper:



In my hair:  (Excuse the messy hair!) 


So, I'm officially an etsy addict.  What do you think of my purchase?? 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I think it will look great with your dresss...simple but elegant.

    ReplyDelete