Monday, January 17, 2011

The Venue Saga: The Big Reveal Part 1

As promised, I have TONS of pictures to show you guys of our beautiful venue.  This first picture is from the door to the reception area, looking back towards the big red barn I mentioned in the previous post.  The ceremony site is to my right as I take this picture.


See, it's not what you were thinking!  I personally think that the barn is super cute and I love the photos I've seen from weddings in the barn.  But you can see, even from this picture, that the grass is pretty dead.  Hopefully it will be much nicer in October than it was in December.  Here's the beginning of the ceremony aisle.  I'm not a huge fan of the "kissing balls" so we won't be using them.




And some more...


Don't you just love that tree??  It's gorgeous!  So in love with this place.


All of the chairs will be set up here along each side.  We'll have rose petals down the sides of the aisle.  So you just have to imagine what it will look like.  But we are so excited about the ceremony space.  Now for the inside.  When our guests walk inside to the reception, here's the scene that will greet them.  Please ignore the color scheme, ours will be much different! 

The buffet area: 


The doorway in the back left of the photo leads to the indoor bar.  So let's head there now. 


The room where the bar is, is the original building.  They've since built on everything else, but this room was once a little farmhouse.  Off of the bar is the bride's room where me and the girls will be getting ready.  They really treat the bride well here, I have to say.  Here's some photos:


To the left is the "secret garden" and I'll show pictures of that in a moment.  To the right, is this:





Lots of space for us to pretty ourselves up.  Now to the "secret garden"!  There are so many gorgeous areas to take photos at this venue, I'm so excited to see how they turn out! 


To the right is the backside of the outdoor bar.  We have our own little window where we can get champagne, wine or beer served to us apart from everyone else.  Isn't this little area so pretty? 



The guys room isn't nearly as exciting, and to tell the truth, I was bad and didn't even take pictures of it!  The guys are in a small room back by the red barn when you first came in.  Next time we're there, I'll try to take some pics to share with you all. 

More photos to come, including pictures of the reception area, so stay tuned! 







1 comment: