Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Venue Saga: The Big Reveal Part 2

Let's recap.  So far you've seen a sneak peak of our gorgeous venue, and we've even walked through a lot of the really cool features of Che'ne Rouge.  But, there's more!  You have yet to see the reception space or the outdoor bar area which houses the 200 year old red oak that is our venue's namesake.  So, you ready for some more pics? 

Okay, okay.  Enough stalling, let's get down to business. 


Here's a little peak into the reception area.  This is taken standing near the doorway that leads to the indoor bar I showed you last time.  The doors on the left lead to the outdoor bar, so let's go there first. 


Don't you just love it?  And, of course, on our wedding day it won't be nearly as dreary and the trees will have leaves so it will look much more wedding-worthy.  But, that tree!  Isn't it amazing?!?  It was cold out, so I only took one picture of the outdoor bar, but it's one of my favorite areas at our venue. 

So, headed in out of the cold, here's the reception area!


Cool huh?  The gold chairs come with the venue, which is awesome because they're really expensive to rent.  I don't think I'd rent them anyway because I don't, honestly, think anyone notices them but the bride.  But, I have to admit that I think they do add a lot to the look of the room.  So in love with the hardwood floors and the mirrored walls.  It's just amazing, simply put. 

Oh yes, and I can't forget to point out the uplighting to you.  In the picture above, you can kind of see the fabric draped on the ceiling with the lights.  It really adds so much character to the room and gives a serious wow factor when you walk through the door.  Honestly, the pictures just don't even begin to do it justice. 

Here's some more for ya.



The sweetheart table!  Now, this isn't a requirement.  They can also do a bridal party table, but we both agree that we'd rather let our loved ones sit with their loved ones.  I wouldn't want to force a couple to sit separate at our wedding.  After all, weddings are so much more fun when you can spend them with the people you love and not with random strangers. 

I've been that random girlfriend at a table with people I didn't know because my boyfriend at the time was in the wedding party.  All in all it made for a very awkward and uncomfortable evening.  I definitely don't want to put anyone through that.  So, we'll be doing a sweetheart's table for sure. 

So, now you've seen the whole venue!  Aren't you loving it?  We're so excited about it because it just fits us, so well. 

Oh, and I mentioned previously that our photographer has shot at Che'ne Rouge before.  Take a look at his blog and the gorgeous photos he took of a wedding there.  I think my favorite photos are taken in the barn.  Just amazing!  I'll post a few here, just to whet your appetite while you wait for his page to load. 





Don't worry, the story is LONG from over.  I've got lots more to share with you so stay tuned!  

2 comments: