Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Venue Saga: The Big Reveal Teaser!

I guess I've left you waiting long enough.  I've walked you through the North Georgia wedding venues that helped us decide we wanted to be closer to home, the gorgeous Piedmont Park venues that we had to give up on, and our "if-we-don't-find-anything-else-this-is-our-venue" venue.  Lucky for us (and you!) the story doesn't end there.  We found this wedding venue online called Che'ne Rouge which just looked perfect.  But, pictures don't always tell the full story.  We signed up for the Open House and set out to go check it out in person.  We pulled up to the site and immediately saw the big red barn.  Now, stay with me guys.  I know I might lose some of you when I say barn, but trust me.


So here's the view from just inside the property.  No barn in this picture, but they're coming.  I promise.


Of course, we didn't crash a wedding to get this picture, it's from their website.  But isn't it gorgeous?  Here's some more for your viewing pleasure. We were there a bit later in the year so the leaves were mostly off the tree, but it should look more like the pictures I have here in October.  We hope! 

Here's another gorgeous picture of the outside of the venue from their website with a sneak peak of the reception area.



Isn't it lovely?  We're so excited about the giant tree we get to get married under.  It's inspired a lot of wedding details!  For those of you who aren't up on your French, Che'ne Rouge means Red Oak.  It's named that because on the other side of the property (by the outdoor bar!  Whoo!) there is a 200 year old Red Oak tree that is just gorgeous.  There's a lot of history in this little building.  Or, in part of it at least.  So stay tuned for more fabulous photos and more details about our awesome venue! 





2 comments:

  1. anonymous..that's me Letty...can't figure out how I posted a comment last time

    ReplyDelete