Thursday, April 28, 2011

Express Remedy for Cold Feet

When I was younger, I had this thing for fun socks.  I loved wearing socks that had fun things on them like monkeys, frogs, or just random colors.  So it's not all that surprising that I'm drawn to photos like this one:


And this one...


And I especially like this one but manly because I think the bride is wearing some really cute shoes. 



When I saw these pictures for the first time, I knew I had to have it.  And surprisingly, it was much easier than I anticipated to convince FI that he wanted it too.  Score!   Especially because I love that the socks and the shoes in the last picture match.  I'm wearing purple shoes, so you know what that means.  Yup.  Purple socks for my man.  Not only for my man, but for both of our dads, the two best men and the three groomsmen.  All for a total of eight guys in purple socks.  It's going to be legen... wait for it...dary!  Legendary!  

And so started my hunt for the perfect pair.  And let me tell you, it's not easy out there!  There are soo many socks!  And some of them... well, let's just say they're not good.  And leave it at that. 

One of the first I found was a serious contender for awhile...



And then there were some fun ones that FI pretty much nixed immediately.  But just for fun, I'll show you the losers in the bunch.  This next pair was just a bit too much pink.  And by a bit, I mean WAY too much. 



Now this pair I thought was pretty cool, but like I said, Mister disagreed.  They remind me of the 80's.  Like something Zach Morris would wear.  Mmm... Zach Morris.  I had such a HUGE crush on him!  Oh, but don't worry FI, that was a long, long time ago.  I'm over it.  I think...


Believe it or not, these are the only ones I found that weren't fantastically hideous.  But after all my searching, I finally struck gold.  So get ready guys.  At our wedding, you'll be donning these puppies! 


Personal photo

Yes!!  And yes, they're from Express.  I can't even tell you how difficult it was to find 8 pairs of these in Atlanta, but I did it.  Turns out, they don't stock too many purple argyle socks at Express.  Guess they aren't super popular.  So if you're looking for these in any mall within a 20 mile radius of Atlanta, you might want to extend your search radius.  Just sayin.

I am so, so excited to get the pictures with me in my shoes and him in these socks.  Aren't they fabulous?  Anyone else go above and beyond for something just to get one photo? 

1 comment:

  1. Even tho it's too late, I vote for the Zach Morris socks...they look like so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete