Thursday, April 7, 2011

Engagement Photos are Heeerrrreeee!!!!

Okay, so I'm super excited to share this with you all.  I told you awhile ago about our amazing photographer and the difficult choice that we had to make.  With the package we chose with Chris we got an engagement session.  We were waiting for the weather to warm up so we could get some nice pictures with things in bloom instead of a bunch of dead trees.  It felt like forever until it warmed up here in ATL, but we finally went out a few weeks ago to Stone Mountain with Chris and did our engagement shoot. 

I learned a few things that day.  Firstly, I am not, nor will I ever be, a model.  My face hurt from smiling so much and when I'm in photos alone, it's completely awkward for me.  I'm not sure what to do with my hands or how to stand... should I lean over, cross my arms, in the pockets, at my side... phew, it's exhausting.  But I have to say that Chris spent 3 hours with us walking all over Stone Mountain to find the perfect locations for pictures, the perfect lighting, the perfect colors, etc.  He bent over backwards for us, literally.  There were quite a few times I thought we were going to have to fish him and his very expensive camera out of the small creek flowing beside the grist mill.  Fancy acrobatics aside, we all ended up leaving completely dry, and mostly clean, save for the few leaves and blades of grass from laying on the ground. 

After the photo session, everyday I was religiously checking my email and his website to see if our pictures were uploaded yet, and sadly they weren't.  Finally, today, I got an email from Chris saying he had written a quick blog post and included some of our photos on his site.  <<Insert completely appropriate and not at all drawn out excited and happy squeal here.>> 

So I know you are all dying to see them, as I was, so here they are!!  Let me just post a few of my favorites here.  Actually...who am I kidding, they're all my favorites!  Needless to say, we are REALLY happy with our choice of photographer for the wedding.  He's a great guy and does fantastic work.  Highly recommend him!

On to the photos!  All photos below are taken from Christopher Helm's blog:  athensweddingblog.com







Who knew we could look this good?  Love them. 


1 comment: