Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Guest Book Alternatives

I posted awhile back about our tree guest book we were planning.  I still love this idea and I am super excited to see how it turns out.  But we still wanted to find a way for our wedding guests to send us off with their well wishes and advice.  As with pretty much everything wedding related, there are TONS of ideas out there and it's so difficult to narrow it down.  But we've done our best and I'm pretty excited to share with you what we've come up with.  But before I do, let me show you some of the runner-ups. 

This first option is pretty popular, and I really liked it.  And since we've been going with kind of a "tree theme", it sounded perfect for us!  What am I talking about?  A wish tree, of course!  Something like...

this...


Now, I have pretty simple taste, so this particular example is a little much for me.  But, the concept, I love.  When guests come into the ceremony or reception area, they take a card and write their well wishes on the card for the bride and groom.  These are then hung on the tree to make an amazing decoration, and some pretty fantastic reading material.

I've seen a few variations on this theme, like a wish jar: 



 A wish book:



I really love the idea of our wedding guests imparting some wisdom or wishes to us as we start our lives together.  But we've decided to put a little spin on the ideas I've just shown you.  Each table at our reception will be numbered and we're going to use these numbers for something a bit different.  See below.



At every table, there will be a small journal or book with a number on the outside.  Inside that book, the people at that particular table will write notes to us to be read on that year anniversary.  For instance, those at table 2 will write letters to us that will we read on our 2nd year anniversary.  We really like this because it allows us to spread out the love and continue to hear from our loved ones for years to come. 

While I wish I could claim complete responsibility for this idea, I cannot.  I found this idea on this webpage, along with a ton of guest book alternative ideas.  What do you think? 

2 comments: