Thursday, April 14, 2011

Vistaprint Frustrations

Unlike a lot of the creative women out there, we decided to order our STD's instead of DIYing, which is totally fine with us.  A few months ago, livingsocial.com had this great deal for vistaprint, which we jumped on immediately.  $10 for $50 worth of printed products at vistaprint.com, before shipping or taxes.  Fantastic deal!  So we each purchased one of these deals with the intention to use them for our save-the-dates.



Fast forward to tonight.  We curled up on my couch with laptop in hand and designed our save-the-dates.  We used one of the many gorgeous photos taken by our amazing photographer and were ready to order.  Unfortunately, we had to split the purchase into two transactions in order to use both of our coupons.  It took a lot of math and playing with the numbers to figure out the best way to do this because if we spent over our coupon by $25, we got free shipping.  So we finally figured out how we needed to split it and put in the first order.  After the order was placed, a box popped up to order more STD's.  I clicked on the order button without reading the fine print, and quickly discovered that they simply added the 50 STD's to my order, rather than putting them in a separate transaction.  Needless to say, this totally screwed my entire plan.

So I went in and tried to change my order to take off the extra STD's.  Clicking through the FAQ's on the Help section lead me to a very unhelpful paragraph telling me that you cannot change orders, just cancel.  This was getting ridiculous so I decided to call them.  Unfortunately for us, they were closed.  So at this point, I decided to cancel my order placed less than 10 minutes prior and just restart the whole process.

After I clicked on cancel my order, I was told that my order could not be cancelled because it was already processed.  How convenient.  I find it amazing that they could process my payment without actually being open for business.  So, at this point, I just ordered the rest of what I needed and said screw it.  It just wasn't worth the hassle.  But the fiance plans on making a call tomorrow because this was just ridiculous.  And honestly, if anything, we should get the free shipping on the first order where I accidentally ordered 50 extra save-the-dates. 

They sure don't make it easy, do they?  What about you all?  Did you have any frustrations in dealing with vendors or companies?

1 comment: