Friday, April 15, 2011

We Won!!

Oh my gosh, you guys!  We won!  Seriously, we won.  I never win anything, but tonight, we won!!!

You're probably all wondering what I'm talking about.  Well, let me start from the beginning.  Tonight we went to a Sip and Scan party at Macy's to register.  We had a great time, walking around and making tons of decisions about what we want our future house to look like.  Oh... and we had a good time playing with the scan guns too. 


Registering, 0-0-7 style







The fiance was more excited than me, I'm pretty sure.  But really just to use the scanners. 



"He turned it sideways!  That's a killshot!  KILLSHOT!!"  Yes, we're that ridiculous.  But we sure gave the other people in the store registering some entertainment as they watched us pose and take pictures.  And I must admit, it was pretty fun to walk around and scan all of this stuff that other people will buy for us.  We shopped for 3 hours and left without spending a dime.  All in all, a beautiful thing. 

So back to the whole winning thing.  When we came in, they gave us a raffle ticket and told us they were going to be pulling a few tickets every so often during the evening.  And let me just tell you that I have the worst luck but somehow K's luck must have overpowered mine tonight because we won the raffle.  Of course, by the time we won the raffle, most of the good stuff was taken.  But still, our number was called and we won!!  See how excited we are??


To be honest, the gift wasn't nearly as exciting as we thought.  Two champagne flutes with the signature Macy's star on them.  But, oh well.  We still won, and that's something. 

So, anyway, we had a fantastic time.  K even gave up the scanner for a few minutes so I could scan the item I am most excited about.  Wait for it....






























Still waiting??  Okay, good.  Here it is!!



A KitchenAid stand mixer!!  Whoo-hoo!!  I'm super excited!  I can't wait to make cookies, and mashed potatoes, and pastas, and... pretty much everything in this thing.  Can't.  Wait.  

What was the item you were most excited about getting when you registered?   


4 comments:

  1. Ooooh did you register for the green KitchenAid mixer? Either one is beau-ti-ful! I am most excited about our electric blanket. I imagine it being perfect in the winter for snuggling on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We registered for the black one, but I do really like the colors. We thought the black would be more classic though. I hadn't thought of an electric blanket! I may have to add it to my registry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOUR BLOG HAS BEEN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HELPFUL! WE ARE PLANNING A FALL WEDDING HERE IN ATL (OCT 2012) AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN :( TODAY I'M HEADED TO "UNVEILED" HOSTED BY "THE WEDDING GUYS" FOR IDEAS AND GOD KNOWS WHATEVER ELSE. BTW WHICH VENUE DID YOU CHOOSE?

    ReplyDelete